"Budweiser's" Bar

In urban America, bars and barbershops have been the traditional communal gathering places for men (and later, women) to share information and talk politics. This corner bar, though now shuttered, is typical of the many small neighborhood establishments that define Philadelphia. What was once known as Budweiser's Bar was originally an Irish bar, but as the neighborhood's population changed, it became a hub for local African Americans. Reflective of the neighborhood's changing needs and demographics, the building has been converted into apartments, but the façade is reminiscent of its former incarnation.

References

  • Jones, Margaret. 2008. Interview by Joan L. Saverino. Videotape recording. June 25.

Map

Map

Address

785 South 3rd St.

View in Google

Tour

South Philadelphia

Shot Tower Conveyed Site of the Southwark Soup Society Weccacoe Engine Co.'s House, and Reception of United Fire Co. of Baltimore Court having nine small houses in rear of a tenement house Mario Lanza Park banner Pelzer Funeral Home Southwark/Queen Village Community Garden Phillips Temple Christian Methodist Church St. Stanislaus Catholic Church Housefronts on 600 Block of Kater Street Bedford Street Mission The Antiquarian's Delight Marmelstein's front window on Fabric Row Casa Ravello Milk Station House of Industry historical marker Graphic Sketch Club Julia and Aldo Allegrini wedding L'Opinione: Il Departmento Circolazione Vietnamese Hung Vuong Association Curtis Publishing Plant/Lofts at Bella Vista Isgro Pastries storefront St. Paul's Roman Catholic Church Verdi Hall Lady of Good Council R.C. Church, Christian above 8th Sts. Interior of Luigi Fiorella Meat Market Italian & American Maccaroni Works Dan Khang Nha Trang sign Anthony's Chocolate House exterior D'Angelo's Specialty Meats storefront Playbill for the "The Passion Play of Christ"  presented by the Filodramatic Circle Gasperinese, 1931 The Procession of St. Mary Magdalen de Pazzi mural Fante-Leone Public Pool Cannuli Brothers storefront Talluto's Authentic Italian Food storefront Grassia's Italian Market Spice Company Lupita's Grocery Store storefront Paul Giordano Sr. Saigon Maxim restaurant Jefferson Square Mia (left) and Mary (right) Viola St. Maron's Church exterior Bitar's Eastern Mediterranean Grill Southeast Corner - 9th Street and Washington Avenue Washington Avenue Immigration Station
Prev Tour Stop 0 of 44 Next

Media

"The life and adventures of Charles Anderson Chester": Charles Anderson Chester Murdered by Black Herkles. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania 423 Fairmount Avenue. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania 423-21 Fairmount Avenue. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records 4th Street, 1940. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives 819 to 821 South 9th Street-Contract S-1801. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records 9th St. Market. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives 9th Street and Washington Avenue. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records 9th Street Market: Origins, Continuity, Change. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Accordion player. Image provided by Maria Petrone African Zoar Methodist Episcopal Church. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania African Zoar Methodist Episcopal Church Historical Marker. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania African-American population on 9th Street, 1880-1920. Image provided by Shimrit Keddem Agnes Hatcher: Longtime resident of Northern Liberties. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Al-Aqsa Prayer Room. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Anastasi Seafood. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Anthony's Chocolate House exterior. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Anthony's Italian Coffee. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania B'nai Abraham synagogue. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania B'nai Abraham synagogue. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Back of Schmidt's Brewery. Image provided by Charles Veasey Basketball court at Sacks Playground. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Bedford Street grogshop. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Benjamin T. Sewell portrait. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, Philad.. Image provided by Library Company of Philadelphia Bill Hickey (Red Hook Café). Image provided by Cross/Walks Bird cage at North Mascher Street Casita. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Bitar's Eastern Mediterranean Grill. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Black Horse Inn yard. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Bocce players. Image provided by Maria Petrone Bocce players. Image provided by Maria Petrone Bodine Street row houses. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Bodine Street row houses. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Boy in Norris Square Park. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Brown St above 4th St.. Image provided by Library Company of Philadelphia Bryan Van Arsdale (Bicycle Revolutions). Image provided by Cross/Walks Bull's Head Tavern. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Cannuli Brothers storefront. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Cannuli Brothers storefront. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Cannuli Brothers storefront. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Cannuli Brothers storefront. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Car kids. Image provided by Maria Petrone Casita at Las Parcelas. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Casita on North Mascher St. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Centro de Oro. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Children at Friends Neighborhood Guild. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Children's group portrait at St. Agnes Church
Nepomucene. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Christian Street at South 10th Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Commentator, Demolition of the Tannery. Image provided by Jennifer Baker Community paint day at the W.E.B. Du Bois and Engine 11 mural. Image provided by Haftom Khasai Corner of 10th and Christian. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Cover page of the Minutes of the Second Annual Meeting of the Pennsylvania State Equal Rights League. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Curb Market, 4th Street and South Street to Christian Street, Kauffman Street to Queen Street. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Curb Market, South 9th Street and Washington Avenue to Passyunk Avenue. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Curtis Publishing Plant/Lofts at Bella Vista. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Dan Fiorella at Fiorella Brothers Sausage. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Dan Khang Nha Trang Apothecary entrance
. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Dan Khang Nha Trang sign. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Dennis Haugh at Liberty Lands Park. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Deputy Fire Commissioner, Ernest Hargett, Jr.. Image provided by Haftom Khasai Detail of Southwark Soup Society façade. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Dilapidated frame building, 1904. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Dominic Ficchi. Image provided by Cross/Walks East from Shot Tower, 1870. Image provided by Free Library of Philadelphia East side of Workman's Place. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Edgar Allan Poe House. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Edgar Allan Poe National Historical Site. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Edgar Allan Poe National Historical Site. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Edgar Allan Poe National Historical Site. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania El Colobo Community Garden. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church. Image provided by Emanuel Lutheran Church Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church and 4th Street. Image provided by Emanuel Lutheran Church Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church foundation. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church front entrance. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church front entrance. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church front entrance. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church steeple. Image provided by Emanuel Lutheran Church Emily Squires at community paint day at the W.E.B. Du Bois and Engine 11 mural. Image provided by Haftom Khasai Emmanuel Full Gospel Temple sign. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Emmanuel Full Temple Gospel. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Engine 11 Fire Company building. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Engine 11, award presentation. Image provided by Fireman's Hall Museum Engine 11, fire engine. Image provided by Fireman's Hall Museum Engine 11, group portrait. Image provided by Fireman's Hall Museum Engine 11, group portrait. Image provided by Fireman's Hall Museum Engine 11, group portrait. Image provided by Fireman's Hall Museum Engine 11, Lombard Street firehouse. Image provided by Fireman's Hall Museum Engine House #3. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Entrance to the Fante-Leone Public Pool. Image provided by Seth Gaines Essene Market and Café exterior. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Essene Natural Food Market exterior. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Essene Natural Food Market sign. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Exterior view of Casita. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Family dinner. Image provided by Maria Petrone Famous 4th Street Delicatessen. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Famous 4th Street Delicatessen interior. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Famous 4th Street Delicatessen interior. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Famous 4th Street Delicatessen interior. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Famous 4th Street Delicatessen interior. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Famous 4th Street Delicatessen sign. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Fante family, 1910s. Image provided by Mariella Esposito Fante's Cart, 1906. Image provided by Mariella Esposito Fante's storefront window. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Fante-Leone Public Pool. Image provided by Seth Gaines Ferruccio Giannini. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Fiorella Brothers portrait. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Firefighter Isaac Jacobs, Engine 11. Image provided by Fireman's Hall Museum Firefighter Stephen Presco, Engine 11. Image provided by Fireman's Hall Museum Fireman John R. Jackson. Image provided by Fireman's Hall Museum Frank Cuneo and Italian & American Maccaroni Works. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Free African Society Historical marker at Mother Bethel A.M.E. Church. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Friends Neighborhood Guild building. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Friends Neighborhood Guild building, 151 Fairmount Ave.. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania From My Bathroom Window, Bodine Street. Image provided by Jennifer Baker Front view of 623 Kater Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Gable side of 339 Fairmount Avenue. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Gardens of Las Parcelas. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Gazebo in Las Parcelas. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania George Mifflin Houses and Workman's Court. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Giordano's Produce. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Gloria Dei/Old Swedes Church. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Goal, in Walnut Street, Philadelphia. Image provided by Library Company of Philadelphia Greased pole competition. Image provided by Maria Petrone Greeting to all Slovak mothers. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Group in front of Phillips Temple Christian Methodist Church. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Guild House entrance. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Guild House Groundbreaking. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Hancock Street Houses. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Hancock Street wooden row house. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Hancock Street wooden row house. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Hancock Street wooden row house. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Hancock Street wooden row house. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Harold Paul (B. Paul & Sons). Image provided by Cross/Walks Hearse, American Street. Image provided by Jennifer Baker Herb garden of Las Parcelas. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Historic Mother Bethel A.M.E. Church, 6th and Lombard Streets. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records House at 617 Kater Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania House at 619 Kater Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania House at corner of South Howard St & Beck St. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Housefronts on 600 Block of Kater Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Housefronts on 600 Block of Kater Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Housefronts on 600 Block of Kater Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Il Quartiere Italiano: Christian Street Vista Dalla Nona Strada. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Interior of Anthony's Italian Coffee and Chocolate House. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Interior of barbershop on N 5th Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Interior of Markethouse. Image provided by Philadelphia City Archives Intersection of Hancock Street and Beck Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Iris Brown of Las Parcelas. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Isgro Pasticceria. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Isgro Pastries storefront. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Isgro Pastries storefront. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Italian & American Maccaroni Works. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Italian businesses along 800 block of Christian Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Italian Market Festival Procession. Image provided by Maria Petrone Izzie Hoffman. Image provided by Cross/Walks Jacob C. White Jr.. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania James Family at community paint day. Image provided by Haftom Khasai James Forten. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania James Forten Historical Marker. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania James Forten Historical Marker. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Jefferson Square. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Joe Brenman and Adab Ibrahim at Al-Aqsa mosque. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania John R. Jackson. Image provided by Fireman's Hall Museum Judy Buchsbaum of Marmelsteins. Image provided by Cross/Walks Julia and Aldo Allegrini wedding. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Kearny Annex - 712-714 N. 6th Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Kevin Schaff, owner of Jerry's Ladies Fashions. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Kitchen at Las Parcelas Kitchen. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Kitchen equipment in casita at Las Parcelas. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Kitchen in Las Parcelas casita. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania L'Opinione: Il Departmento Circolazione. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania L'Opinione: Il Reparto Spedizione. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Lady of Good Council R.C. Church, Christian above 8th Sts.. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Larnell Baldwin (Baldwin's Fabric & Leather). Image provided by Cross/Walks Las Parcelas. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Las Parcelas African Garden and Villa. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Las Parcelas and Casita. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Las Parcelas and Casita. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Las Parcelas mural and footbridge. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Letter from Charles R. Douglass to Jacob C. White Jr.. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Letter from Charles R. Douglass to Jacob C. White Jr.. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Letter from Penn Provost Charles C. Harrison to W.E.B. Du Bois. Image provided by Univ. of Pennsylvania Archives Liberty Lands. Image provided by Jennifer Baker Liberty Lands Park mural. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Lombard St. 400 Block W.. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Lombard Street Riot Historical Marker. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Lombard Street Riot Historical Marker. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Lombardi Family Films Madison Court houses. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Madison Court houses. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Madison Court, 1988. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Madison Court, 1988. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Making Hats, J.B. Stetson Company. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Map of Octavia Hill Properties. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Mario Lanza. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Mario Lanza Park. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Mario Lanza Park. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Mario Lanza Park. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Mario Lanza Park banner. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Marmelstein's front window on Fabric Row. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Marmelstein's front window on Fabric Row. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Marmelstein's front window on Fabric Row. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Marmelstein's front window on Fabric Row. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Marshall Street: Coke machine. Image provided by Irv Orenstein Marshall Street: day old bakery. Image provided by Irv Orenstein Marshall Street: man in front of shoe store. Image provided by Irv Orenstein Marshall Street: shoe store. Image provided by Irv Orenstein Marty Zackoff (Kincus Fabrics). Image provided by Cross/Walks Max Krasnow selling yard goods outside his store. Image provided by Elaine Ellison Meeting of the Pennsylvania Base Ball Association. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Michele Martino / Nazareno Monticelli. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Mousley Row. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Mt. Tabor African Methodist Church. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Mt. Tabor African Methodist Episcopal Church. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Mural at Liberty Lands Park. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Mural at Mario Lanza Park. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Negro quarters. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Norris Square Park. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania North 5th St. & W. Cambria St.. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania North 5th Street Fair. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania North Mascher Street casita. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania North Mascher Street casita. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Northwest Corner of Bodine and Fairmount Ave. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Northwest Corner, 11th Street and Washington Avenue. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Nuevo Mexico Grocery and Variety Store. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Octavius V. Catto. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Old friends. Image provided by Maria Petrone Old Swedes Housing Project. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Old Swedes' Houses, Christian Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Older boys at university camp. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Open air gazebo in Las Parcelas. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Orianna Hill Park. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Orianna Hill Park. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Ortlieb's Brewery. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Ortlieb's Brewery. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Ortlieb's Brewery. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Oscar Hankinson. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Oscar Hankinson, retired principal of the McCall School and longtime resident of South Philadelphia. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Palumbo's sign. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Parrocchia Italiana. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Pelzer Funeral Home. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Pelzer Funeral Home. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Philadelphia Athletics envelope. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Philadelphia Glass Works. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Philadelphia Glass Works. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Philadelphia Glass Works. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Phillips Temple Christian Methodist Church exterior. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Playground at Liberty Lands Park. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records PNC Bank at 8th and Christian. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Portrait of Richard Allen. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Poured beer (Schmidt's and Ortlieb's). Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Public baths at Gaskill and Leithgow Streets.. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Pulpit of Mother Bethel A.M.E. Church. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Real homes for workingmen. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Receipt from the A. J. Reach company for purchase of 6 belts by the Pythian Baseball club. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Rev. William Green, Phillips Temple Christian Methodist Church. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Richard Allen. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Richard Allen Homes. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Richard Allen Homes. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Richard Allen Homes, 1942. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Richard Allen Homes, 1980. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Richard Buono's birthday party at Palumbo's. Image provided by Winnie Atterbury Rieger and Gretz Brewery smokestack. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Robert Purvis. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Robert Smith-Shabazz in his studio. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Rosa Reyes with El Bohio menu. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Row houses at intersection of Hancock and Beck Streets. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Row houses at Poplar and Orianna. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Row houses on Poplar Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Sam Brood; Lou Brood (A. Brood & Sons). Image provided by Cross/Walks Schmidt's Bottling House. Image provided by Charles Veasey Schmidt's Brewery. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Schmidt's Brewery. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Schmidt's Brewery. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Schmidt's Brewery and Tower. Image provided by Charles Veasey Schmidt's Brewery drivers. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Schmidt's Brewery entrance. Image provided by Charles Veasey Schmidt's Brewery entrance on 2nd Street. Image provided by Charles Veasey Schmidt's Tower at night. Image provided by Charles Veasey Schmidt's trucks. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Sidney Lewis with Torahs. Image provided by Elaine Ellison Site of Pythian Baseball Club headquarters. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Site of the Southwark Soup Society. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Sketch of seated man on North Marshall Street. Image provided by National Museum of Jewish History Societa Italiana di Mutuo Soccorso e Beneficenza. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Some Call This Home Sonny D'Angelo. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Sonny D'Angelo cutting meat. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Southeast Corner - 9th Street and Washington Avenue. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records Southwark/Queen Village Community Garden. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania St. Agnes-St. John's Neopmucene Roman Catholic Church plaque. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania St. Agnes-St. John's Nepomucene Roman Catholic Church. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania St. Agnes-St. John's Nepomucene Roman Catholic Church. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania St. Agnes-St. John's Nepomucene Roman Catholic Church. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania St. Peter the Apostle Roman Catholic Church. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives Standard Tap. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Standard Tap. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Standard Tap. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Stetson Factory employee. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Stetson Hat Co. Cavalry Hats Department. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Stetson hat design, 1940. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Street near Casa Ravello Milk Station. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Street near Starr Centre. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Street preaching. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Street Scene--N. 6th Street. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Taller Puertorriqueño. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Taller Puertorriqueño. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania The Antiquarian's Delight. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania The Antiquarian's Delight. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania The Antiquarian's Delight. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania The Can Collector. Image provided by Jennifer Baker The Home of Six Modified Milk Babies. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania The Housewife Bargaining with the Push Cart Man The Lighthouse mural. Image provided by City of Philadelphia Department of Records The Lighthouse Philadelphia. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania The Mission District. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania The Potato Man. Image provided by Elaine Ellison The Procession of St. Mary Magdalen de Pazzi mural. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania The Seventh Ward of Philadelphia. Image provided by Univ. of Pennsylvania Archives Tim McFarlane (Essene Market and Café). Image provided by Cross/Walks Title page of "The Philadelphia Negro". Image provided by Library Company of Philadelphia Tomasita Romero and Iris Brown. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Tony and Yipp. Image provided by Maria Petrone Tour group at Liberty Lands Park mural. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Two Neighbors. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania Vietnamese Hung Vuong Association. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania View of Octavia Hill tenements from Mario Lanza Park. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania View of Schmidt's Brewery neighborhood. Image provided by Temple University Urban Archives W.E.B. Du Bois at Paris Exposition, 1900. Image provided by W.E.B. Du Bois Library, University of Massachusetts Amherst W.E.B. Du Bois historical marker. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania W.E.B. Du Bois portrait. Image provided by W.E.B. Du Bois Library, University of Massachusetts Amherst W.E.B. Du Bois portrait. Image provided by W.E.B. Du Bois Library, University of Massachusetts Amherst W.E.B. Du Bois' data card. Image provided by Univ. of Pennsylvania Archives W.E.B. Du Bois' receipt for printing. Image provided by Univ. of Pennsylvania Archives W.E.B. Du Bois' receipt for printing. Image provided by Univ. of Pennsylvania Archives Wallace/Lynd Street (Originally Paschall's Alley), Race/Ethnicity 1880. Image provided by University of Pennsylvania School of Design Wallace/Lynd Street (Originally Paschall's Alley), Race/Ethnicity 1900. Image provided by University of Pennsylvania School of Design Wallace/Lynd Street (Originally Paschall's Alley), Race/Ethnicity 1910. Image provided by University of Pennsylvania School of Design Wallace/Lynd Street (Originally Paschall's Alley), Race/Ethnicity 1920. Image provided by University of Pennsylvania School of Design Wallace/Lynd Street (Originally Paschall's Alley), Race/Ethnicity 1930. Image provided by University of Pennsylvania School of Design Waste pipe discharging beside wall of frame house. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania West side of 9th Street. Image provided by Mariella Esposito Where old Europe meets new America. Image provided by Historical Society of Pennsylvania William Bleshman, President of the Congregation Knesas Israel Anshe S'fard. Image provided by Elaine Ellison Window of Fante's, 1956. Image provided by Mariella Esposito
Prev Media 1-3 of 345 Next
[X]
Prev Photo X of Y Next
Prev Photo X of Y Next